Where in Leiden?
The Institute of Psychology is housed in our Social and Behavioural Sciences Faculty building together with the other Social Sciences institutes. The Institute is within walking distance of the Leiden Central railway station. If you travel by train, a 5-minute walk will take you from the back of the station to the Pieter de la Court building
Psychology in the Faculty building houses:
- research labs
- lecture halls
- tutorial rooms
- a library with 70,000 printed specialist publications and extensive digital collections
- about 300 computer workstations for students located in several places in the building
- the cafe or restaurant to chat with your fellow students
- The Labyrint student organisation’s room downstairs. This is the hub from where all of the activities of the psychology students association are organised.
Leiden’s central location
In Leiden, everything you need as a student is located in and around the historic city centre.Leiden is a town that will make you feel at home quickly.
- Your bike will get you from your rooms to the lecture halls and from the library to the sports centre in no time;
- Stores, societies, cinemas, outdoor cafes, restaurants, theatres and festivals: all of these are to be found in or around the centre of town;
- Leiden is a 30-minute bike ride from the beach;
- 30 minutes or less by train from Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and The Hague;
- If you want a night on the town in any of these cities, the night train will get you back to Leiden;
- Because Leiden is a relatively small town, you will get home from the station within 15 minutes.
Housing for International Students
If you study in Leiden, you can choose to live in a student room. Although we cannot guarantee a room for you, we can certainly help you find a room for your first year if you come from abroad and do not have the Dutch nationality. The Housing Office will act as a go-between on your behalf. If you need our help, it is important that you enrol early, and pay the housing fee as soon as possible. For more information and illustrations of international student housing check out the Housing Office