International Bachelor in Psychology
An international field of study that combines heart and mind
Are you interested in people’s behaviour, and would you like to study it? Then becoming a psychologist may be just right for you.
Psychology plays a role in every aspect of life and society: in the mental health and wellbeing of people, in education, in recruitment for businesses, in the prevention of accidents, in sports and leisure, in economics and consumer trends, and in the resolution of conflicts between people and countries. Psychologists are interested in the interplay between emotions and cognition that lies at the basis of the decisions people make. They study people’s behaviour and perceptions in a scientific manner, using a variety of methodologies.
The Leiden University bachelor’s programme
- allows you to stay broad OR specialize during your bachelor’s phase;
- gives you a strong foundation in all main subdisciplines of psychology;
- ensures that you will be part of an international classroom.
We welcome students from all countries and nationalities to our International Bachelor in Psychology. As long as you have an international background, an international orientation or an international future in mind, you should fit right in the programme. Our first and second cohort were made up of students from about 25 different nationalities per cohort; our third cohort has over 30 nationalities.
Selection test date: 18 April 2016 worldwide
Application Deadline International Bachelor in Psychology 15 February 2016
- Please note: the deadline for the results of your language test has been extended: 18 April 2016
- Please read this document Language Test Result Deadline – important change!
- Check How to Apply
Questions about the International Bachelor in Psychology?
FAQ and further details
If you have any remaining questions, please mail to Jennifer Martin
We offer both undergraduate and graduate programmes
Since September 2013, Leiden has offered two versions of our bachelor’s programme:
- International Bachelor in Psychology (in English)
- Bacheloropleiding Psychologie (in Dutch)
Our master’s programmes are all in English.