Global and Comparative Perspectives in Philosophy
Do you enjoy discussing topical issues in science and society? Do you want to know more about their historical context, or about alternative conceptions used in different cultures? Do you feel that some current debates fail to address the proper questions, but you’re not sure how to articulate this feeling? Then the bachelor’s in Philosophy: Global and Comparative Perspectives is the programme for you.
Come visit us!
- Experience our programme online
- Experience the programme at the Experience Day
- Be a Student for a Day
- Visit us at an Open Day at Leiden University
The Bachelor of Arts programme Philosophy: Global and Comparative Perspectives:
- is taught completely in English;
- features Western philosophy as well as philosophies from India, East Asia, and the Arab world, making the programme unique in the Netherlands, and one of the few worldwide;
- welcomes you to an international environment with students and lecturers from all over the world;
- offers small tutorial groups, complementing your lectures, as well as a personal, academic tutor for each student;
- prepares you for excellent career prospects in a globalising world.
Brand new and well-established
The new Philosophy track builds upon Leiden’s strong scholarly tradition in political and continental philosophy, while enriching the curriculum with traditions of thought from around the world. Students will have both a thorough foundation in traditional subjects and a broad window onto current issues. The programme offers a solid and inclusive balance.