Why Leiden University College?
Besides its distinctive programme focus, the educational concept of LUC The Hague offers:
- An intensive and small-scale educational model (no more than 20 students per class).
- Student-centred didactical methods: presentations, discussions, group work, papers, assignments, moot courts, and, in particular, case studies are used frequently to create a learning environment in which students can excel.
- A strong emphasis on the training of academic skills such as scientific reasoning, research competences, presentation skills, and critical and creative thinking.
- Courses aimed at increasing awareness of global citizenship, providing tools for international and cross-cultural communication.
- An international orientation, not only in the student population but also in the programme and among the academic and administrative staff.
- A residential setting in the international city of The Hague: students live and study together, with ample opportunities to organise and/or participate in a wide range of social activities.
- An intensive tutorial system that will guide and assist students throughout their years at LUC The Hague.
- Exchange programmes for high-achieving students during their second or third year at LUC The Hague, as well as opportunities for external education at other leading educational institutions in the Netherlands.
- A summer school programme comprised of exciting summer courses for research-led excursions and explorations beyond The Hague.
LUC The Hague is a joint initiative of Leiden University and the City of The Hague and combines the long academic tradition of the University with the international setting in the city.