Student life in The Hague
Vibrant student and cultural life
Since 1998, Leiden University has offered programmes in The Hague. The city has a vibrant student and cultural life, and is beautifully situated near the North Sea beaches, centrally located within The Netherlands and a short train ride away from Leiden, Amsterdam airport, and Brussels.
There are a range of student associations, sports facilities and sports clubs, and musical and theatre companies in The Hague.
If you would like to get a taste of student life in The Hague, visit Discover & Experience The Hague.
The city of The Hague
- has a lively student community;
- has countless bars, restaurants, and cafés;
- houses the Peace Palace, the International Court of Justice, the International Criminal Court (ICC), and embassies and NGOs;
- is the seat of the Dutch government;
- has up-to-date student facilities;
- borders on the beautiful North Sea beaches;
- hosts many cultural hotspots and museums such as the world famous Mauritshuis;
- is home to many nationalities.