How to apply for International Relations and Organisations
University bachelor’s programmes in the Netherlands only have a September intake. It is not possible to start in February. Please note that the University has to have received your complete application before the application deadlines stated below (see application documents and application fee for details). Although late applications may not necessarily be refused, the processing of your application may be seriously delayed if you apply after these deadlines. Please note that all students who do not have a Dutch VWO diploma need to apply in two systems (Studielink and Application Online).
Foreign students and Dutch students with a qualification other than a Dutch VWO/HBO final diploma/WO first year or final diploma
Step 1: Apply via Leiden University’s Online Application System
- deadline 1 April 2017 if you need a visa or residence permit and/or if you want assistance in finding housing in The Hague/Leiden. Please note: the deadline for applying for those needing a visa has now passed.
- deadline 15 June 2017 If you do not need a visa and/or assistance in finding housing in The Hague.
Make sure you pay the application fee and upload the required documents.
Step 2: Apply in Studielink deadline: 1 May 2017.°
Please note: The International Relations and Organisations programme (IRO) is formally called ‘Political Science’ (CROHO code 56606) in Studielink. To apply for IRO, these are the options to select:
- Educational institution: Leiden University
- Study programme name: Political Science
- Location of educational institution: ‘s-Gravenhage (‘s-Gravenhage is another name for The Hague).
Dutch students with a Dutch VWO/HBO final diploma /WO first year or final diploma
Apply in Studielink deadline 1 May 2017.°
Please note: The International Relations and Organisations programme (IRO) is formally called ‘Political Science’ (CROHO code 56606) in Studielink. First indicate you want to study Political Science, and then answer the question which of the three specialisations you want to study. For IRO indicate that you want to study International Relations and Organisations (campus The Hague/s-Gravenhage) (see Dutch Studielink screenshot below).
Options to select (in Dutch):
- Onderwijsinstelling: Universiteit Leiden
- Opleidingsnaam: Politicologie
- Plaats onderwijsinstelling: ‘s-Gravenhage
° All students, please note that the earlier you apply, the sooner you will know if you are admissible or not.
More questions about our application system or the admissions procedure? See the Application and Admission website for prospective Bachelor students.
› Tuition fees (please note that the ‘Additional fee LUC The Hague’ mentioned on this page does not apply to the IRO programme)