Why Leiden University?
Why Arts, Media and Society at Leiden University?
Arts, Media and Society is a three-year, English-taught programme (a specialisation of the BA in Art History), where you are engaged with cutting-edge contemporary art, and at the same time you study present-day problems, such as sustainability issues, ecological problems and political troubles.
Arts, Media and Society:
- is completely taught in English
- will make you part of the international classroom
- lets you discover new perspectives on global issues
- teaches you to understand contemporary art practices
Check out the Bachelor’s programme in Arts, Media and Society.
More than 20,000 students of Leiden University walk, bike, and live in the narrow streets of Leiden every day, making the city come to life. This beautiful time lapse and stop motion video is brought to you by our enthusiastic students! Check out their Leiden Experience.
Leiden is a booming knowledge region
Arts, Media and Society immerses you in the stimulating art environment of the city of Leiden — a booming knowledge region between The Hague and Amsterdam where Rembrandt van Rijn was born.
- …is the capital of museums: Here you can find thirteen amazing museums all within walking distance of one another.
- …has an excellent Humanities faculty: Ranked #1 in continental Europe in the 2016 Times Higher Education World University Rankings and #17 in the world.
- …is located nearby other cities: The Hague is just 11 minutes away by train, Schiphol Airport 15 minutes and Amsterdam 30 minutes.
Immerse yourself in the city and your programme.