Archaeology: shine new light on the big issues of today
As an archaeologist you collect a lot of valuable information that can shine new light on the big issues facing society today. In the bachelor’s programme in Archaeology at Leiden University, you study early examples of globalisation and mass migration. You explore growing social inequality through time and its effect on different groups in society. You deliberate over when humans first began significantly to affect nature and the long-term consequences of this – even for the population of today’s world. You study how different societies and cultures view their cultural and natural heritage, and how important this heritage can be to their identity.
Do you wish to combine a fascination with the past with current issues? Then this is the programme for you.
Archaeology at Leiden University
- ranks in the top ten worldwide Archaeology Faculties in the:QS World University Ranking
- has a strong, global emphasis, with wide networks in international research
- offers excellent facilities in the heart of Leiden’s academic community
- delivers English language teaching by enthusiastic lecturers
- provides hands-on excavation experience under the guidance of experts
- offers high-quality practical courses in state-of-the-art laboratories
- lets you as a student participate in the latest research
Read more on Why Leiden University?