Admissions and Criteria
To help a student decide whether or not to apply in case you have not obtained a Dutch pre-university diploma (VWO diploma), the Admissions Office has drawn up a list of most common foreign / international diplomas (some with grades) that meet the minimum requirements for admission; if a student (expects to) fulfill these, our departments are advised to consider you for general admission to the programme. It is up to the individual departments to decide on admission. In most cases they follow the advice of the Admissions Office. The departments also decide on additional requirements, such as language proficiency and compulsory subjects. Admission to some programmes is selective and may also be based on grades, motivation, an interview, etc.
European Baccalaureate diploma
When a student apply, please do not forget to indicate in which subjects the student has taken his or hers written and oral examinations.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
Only the IB Diploma grants admission. Other IB certificates are only taken into consideration in combination with national diplomas that grant admission to higher education. When a student applies, kindly include official Predicted Grades from theschool too.
- Cambridge A-levels in 3 general, academic subjects with grades A-C
The Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education should also include three A-levels in academic subjects with grades A-C. The Cambridge Pre-University Diploma is sufficient for general admission.
- International School – US accredited
If a student attends a US High School programme at an international school in your country, but accredited in the USA, please refer to the information on the US High School diploma listed below. A student is requested to upload information on the schools accreditation when the student applies.
The admissions office has drawn up a list of most national diplomas that meet the minimum requirements for admission. Please note that the list does not represent any statement of equivalency, that it is not complete and that it can also be subject to change. A final decision on admission is taken only after a student has submitted a complete online application for admission.
English Proficiency (for English taught bachelor’s programmes)
- Minimum IELTS 6,5
- TOEFL Minimum score 570 (paper-based PBT)/230 (computer-based CBT) /90 (internet-based iBT).
- the International Bachelor in Psychology will accept European Baccalaureate English Language 1 or an International Baccalaureate completely taught in English as exemptions for a standardized English test
- Some programmes such as Leiden University College The Hague require a higher score: TOEFL PBT 600/CBT 237/iBT 100, IELTS 7.0 in each band
Dutch Proficiency (for Dutch programmes)
Minimal requirement is NT2
- IB diploma with Dutch A qualify for an exemption
- Students with a non-Dutch diploma automatically receive an email via Studielink about the Dutch language test
All students who wish to start at LUC The Hague or at the International Bachelor in Psychology need to have a reasonable proficiency in mathematics.
All IB levels of mathematics (Math Studies, Math Standard and Math Higher level) meet the admission criteria; however, for the selection procedure we will take a students level of mathematics and his or hers final grade into account. If a student is doing Maths Studies, the student should aim for a very high score.